Sunday, November 17, 2013

IRB #2 Introduction Post

"The Telling Room: A Tale of Love, Betrayal, Revenge, and the World's Greatest Piece of Cheese"
By Michael Paterniti

This book is about how author Michael Paterniti's life was changed by a story he heard. While on a trip to Guzmán, Spain in 2000, Paterniti visited a limestone cave called the "Telling Room" and heard a fascinating tale about a mystical piece of cheese. Afterwards, he and his family move to Spain and Paterniti continues to look into the story, finding out that it is also connected with a mysterious murder plot based on betrayal and revenge. He learns the secrets of the village people and starts to live by their ways. The book is a mystery and a memoir detailing Paterniti's experience and the stories of others. 

I chose this IRB because I love mysteries; they are probably my favorite genre. But the IRB had to be a nonfiction book, and I got interested in memoirs while looking for a new IRB. My first IRB, 1491, was based on historical fact and theory, and I wanted to go i different route entirely while still keeping the topic somewhat related to history (another one of my favorite things). Originally when looking for a book though, I found one of Paterniti's other books, Driving Mr. Albert, and became interested in that. Then, on Amazon.com, I was looking at others and found The Telling Room.It involves another one of my favorite things, food, and any book that combines mystery, food, and history has to be good, in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment